Your vehicle’s interior carpet can be ruined over time because of the substances such as dirt, grimes, mud, oil and other particles that would mess it up. One way to protect the carpet is by putting floor liners.
Floor liners, also called as floor mats, come in different types and brands. You’ll find a lot if you’re searching for one that you can buy for your vehicle. This automotive part is very helpful in protecting the interior floor area of the vehicle. Some even think that it’s a necessity since it will help in preventing the carpet from any damage. Did you know that it can help sustain a good resale value if your vehicle’s interior carpet is well-maintained?
Benefits of floor liners
Floor liners are good investment for your vehicle. As what mentioned earlier, it can provide different benefits which helps in protecting the interior’s floor area.
– Protects the vehicle interior from filth that catches a ride on your shoes which can ruin the carpentry when smeared all over it.
– Prevents spillage of any liquid such as water, coffee, juice, and other mishandled snacks that can stain the carpet
– Trap road salt, dirt, grime, and mud before it gets around into your flooring
– Keep off moisture, snow, mud and grime stuck on your shoe before it ground off the carpet
– Avoid permanent damage from sticky sodas, ice cream, and other meals or snacks that might drench, spill, or stain your floorboards
– Keeps out gum that has been stuck on your shoes which can be transferred onto your flooring and dries into impossible slabs of minty concrete
– Prevents foot friction when entering, exiting and shifting on your seat which can cause rips, snags and abnormal wear on the carpet
– Protects the floorboards against any damage that harm the appearance and value of your vehicle
– Gives a year round protection for the flooring against different weather conditions
All-Weather vs. Carpet Floor Mats: What to choose?
Floor liners are made from heavy-duty rubber, pliable vinyl or thermoplastic. You can choose between all-weather floor mats or the regular ones that are available in different designs and colors.
If you’re looking for a floor liner that would provide an extreme defense against different substances such as mud, snow, dirt, and other shoe-born grimes, choose the all-weather type. It is designed with grooves and constructed using high-quality materials to further protect the floor boards for any stain or damage. It is thicker and heavier compared to carpet floor mats to provide added protection and a longer life-span. It is easy to install and very easy to clean. Just wipe with cloth to keep the dust off or give a quick rinse to remove spillage or sticky substance from it.
On the other hand, the regular carpet floor mats are softer and quite flimsy when compared to all-weather mats. It is also called as universal floor liners which come in different colors and designs that would give a cool look to the interior.
Quick tip before buying a floor mat
The market has a variety of floor liner styles, types, and brands such as Husky liners, Weathertech, Lund, Aries, and more. Check if the floor liner is universal or direct fit. It’s important to know floor coverage so you’ll know how it will fit onto your vehicle. There are floor mats designed to precisely fit onto specific vehicles. Direct fit or also called as custom fit provides an edge-to-edge coverage of the foot wells because it is created to fit snugly on the floor boards. It is designed with grooves and raised edges around their perimeters to trap and contain liquid, dirt and other particles.